Washington Electric Cooperative, Inc. is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Warehouse Coordinator.
The Warehouse Coordinator position establishes and maintains materials inventory reporting and controls to assure adequate material inventory levels to meet electric utility’s construction and maintenance programs. Also required is loading and unloading of material, annual inventory, and ordering. A complete list of duties is provided below. Qualified candidates should submit resume, salary history, and references by Oct. 15, 2021, to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
Washington Electric Cooperative, Inc.
PO Box 800
Marietta, OH 45750
Attn: Job Posting
No phone calls please.
The objective of this position is to maintain construction and maintenance materials inventory and to complete necessary purchase order, requisition order, and material control tickets to assure accuracy of material inventory levels.
- Establish and maintain materials inventory reporting and controls to assure adequate material inventory and special equipment inventory levels to meet cooperative’s construction and maintenance programs.
- Issue and receive construction, retirement, maintenance, special equipment, and scrap material through the material inventory reporting system.
- Prepare material and special equipment purchase requisitions, purchase orders and material receiving reports.
- Load and unload, either by hand or with fork lift, all material received or issued.
- Maintain records of scrap materials.
- Maintain and issue material and special equipment items by stock item number in accordance with RUS material accounting requirements and the computerized material system.
- Review adequacy of material handling system to assure accuracy of material inventory and recommend areas where material system can be improved.
- Conduct and supervise physical count of materials inventory.
- Review orders, production schedules, staking sheets, and shipping or receiving notices to determine work sequences and material shipping dates, types, and volumes.
- Clean and maintain warehouse area.
- Answer phone in operations area.
- Confer with members, supervisors, contractors, and other personnel to exchange information and to resolve problems.
- Plan work assignments to meet operations and production goals.
- Recommend to Operations Manager ways improve worker motivation, work methods, and customer service.
- Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
- Using computers and computer systems to program, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
- Assist in two way radio and cellular communications between warehouse and field.
- Assist in dispatching of crews after hours.
- Oversee maintenance and records of fleet.
- Receive and process OUPS tickets.
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly inspections of forklift, eyewash station and other items in warehouse.
- Maintain maintenance records of special equipment.
Associates degree in business or electrical related field is preferred.
A high school diploma or its equivalent is required. Additional education in material handling equivalent to a certificate of completion is preferred.
Two years warehouse experience at another cooperative or other business is preferred. Experience in utility material handling is preferred.
Must have or acquire working knowledge of the requirements of the National Electric Safety Code; RUS’s Specifications on Materials and Construction; and material handling and reporting system requirements.
Basic computer skills are a requirement of this position. Must have or acquire basic knowledge of the NISC IVUE system for inventory and accounting functions.
Moderate to heavy daily physical effort required to climb to truck or forklift and operate equipment. Requires ability to walk, stand, carry material, stoop, kneel, bend at waist, climb ladders or equipment, negotiate truck beds and operate strapping equipment.
Maximum unassisted lift=100 lbs. Average lift less than 50 lbs.
Ability and Skill:
- Must be able to operate a fork lift, load, store, and retrieve inventory items.
- Must be able to perform computer data entry and operate a calculator quickly and accurately.
- Must obtain and maintain a Medic First Aid and CPR certification card.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking, writing, and via two way radio so others will understand.
- Must be able to work overtime during periods of electrical outages.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
This position is not exempt from the overtime requirement of the Fair Labor Standards Act, as amended.