Washington Electric Cooperative's Board of Trustees met in regular session on Nov. 23 at the co-op's office in Marietta. The following items were discussed:
- The cooperative’s capital credits estate retirements, monthly safety report, and new member list were reviewed and approved.
- Director of Finance and Administration BJ Allen presented the September 2020 financial report, which was approved.
- Board members reviewed a second draft of the 2021 operating and capital budgets.
- General Manager Jeff Triplett provided reports on the engineering and operations departments, virtual training opportunities, Covid-19 impacts and actions, and progress on the co-op’s annual goals and initiatives.
- Board members approved a resolution allowing the cooperative to become a member of CoBank, a national cooperative bank that provides services to agribusinesses and rural power, water, and communications providers across the United States.
- Director of Marketing and Member Services Jennifer Greene reported on the activities of the marketing and member services departments, including information on this year’s retirement of capital credits.
- Information Technology Specialist Allen Casto provided a report on the co-op’s information technology and metering projects.
- Director of Safety and Compliance Josh Jump presented the monthly safety report and described the co-op’s process for job site observations
- Board members approved a $500 donation toward the co-op’s Secret Santa program, which provides Christmas gifts to underprivileged children living within the co-op’s service territory.
- Board members watched a video discussion on election nominating committees. The video is part of an educational board governance series provided by the National Rural Electric Cooperatives Association.
Washington Electric Cooperative is democratically controlled and governed by local people committed to policies that result in a safe and reliable electric system, fair rates, financial responsibility, and superior member service.
Full board meeting minutes are available upon request.